Oracle Community Network
Sorry if I asked more questions below, please help to understand this.
1. I have 2 ora databases in one server, have different SID and TNS.
The backup for DB1 with SID1 in rman script is completed succesfully, when I browse backup, I can see all datafiles for DB1 and DB2
Does it mean rman backup both DB1 and DB2?
2. For DB restoration (datafiles, tablespace, arclog), do I just follow restore wizard in client gui, like doing FS restore?
Or I have to create rman restore script?
3. If I enabled compress in policy, any impact of this? pros and cons?
1. Check rman output file.
It will tell you what exactly was backed up.
2. Use rman from cmd on client or create rman script.
GUI on the client can also be used, but restore options are limited to last backup.
3. Compression in policy will use memory on the client. This is not recommended unless client is on a very slow network.